Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thankfully Overwhelmed

I'm feeling a mixture of emotions tonight - both completely overwhelmed and thankful at the same time. I'd love to feel just CONTENT, but that would be too much to ask for, right?

Stressed about prepping for Thanksgiving at my house, hosting 24 people.
   
     But thankful to have so many friends and family to celebrate with, beautiful weather so we can eat outside, and lots of yummy food.

Had a minor freak-out today when we completely ran out of test strips...even after raiding Adam's lock-down kit at school.

     But completely thankful that his 3 month supply from Medco arrived today, the day before a holiday  weekend.

Stressed that we are choosing to switch insulin pumps.

     But thankful that we are able to CHOOSE and have the ability to switch things up when needed. Did I mention I'm stressed about learning a new system? But I'm excited. And stressed...and excited...and so on.

Overwhelmed that we have a child with diabetes...that we have to make these decisions and it's all on our shoulders.

     But thankful for the invention of insulin, pumps, and that Adam can live a healthy, happy life and we can manage it.

So much to do tomorrow...

     But really thankful that my mom brought over some wine for Thanksgiving dinner a bit early. Sorry mom...I had to break into it. Good thing the stores are open tomorrow....heee!

I'm also terribly thankful for the DOC. Y'all know who you are, and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for helping me through the past year. HUGS...and Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

  1. Very cute post, Stephanie. I know a lot of us can relate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, you kind of got me crying so early in the morning! I can relate....while I was up checking Natalie and could not fall back to sleep, I kept thinking how I'm in a much better frame of mind this Thanksgiving than last. Then I would think how it's still not okay that my daughter has diabetes and back and forth. I'm so thankful to have met you through this crazy d-life. Have a great Thanksgiving! My thoughts are in AZ as my brother and family are there too. So wish I could bring you that extra bottle of wine!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can SO relate to the mixed emotions! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Prepping Thanksgiving for 24 people.... I'd say you deserved that glass of wine! Hope you had a great day. Kind of saw there was a pump switch coming... Hope you were able to have Omni Pod covered. Or at least were able to make a good deal with Omni. I'm sure a tubeless pump will be a better fit. Both Minimed and the new Jewel pump are supposed to be bringing tubeless pumps to market. When, I don't know... they were supposed to be out already.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,

    This is the other Anonymous who wrote all those comments on your last post.

    Happy Thanksgiving and congrats on making the leap to a new pump. I look forward to hearing how it goes. You'll LOVE it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yep, a tad scitzo over here, too. Glad I'm not the only one who feels like she has split personalities from time to time!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet your thanksgiving dinner was wonderful and I feel confident you will do great with the new pump too.

    ReplyDelete